Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Simple Things - Emergency Xmas Gift Ideas

I was recently inspired to enjoy some of the simpler things in life (who takes much inspiring to do that anyway?!) after buying "The Simple Things" magazine whilst shopping in Sainsbury's on my way home from a lovely weekend away in Norfolk. The Simple Things This is a gorgeous magazine, full of recipes, home inspiration, travel ideas and beautiful photography, I just love curling up under a fluffy blanket with a cup of tea (and smothering my feet in Vicks Vaporub whilst trying to get over my sniffles) whilst I flick through this magazine - I may have to subscribe sometime soon to make this a semi-regular occurrence! After enjoying the magazine, I headed to their equally stunning website for a nosey and spotted their emergency Xmas gift draw guide... I realised I've been chatting to so many people recently and have seen some stunning gifts & ideas for my own shopping list, I thought I'd share a few of my own ideas with you, my lovely readers! The Simple Things Obviously, it goes without saying, you could purchase this lovely magazine at any time of the year as a little "extra" gift for a friend or family member if they love the prettier things in life - or subscribe them to the mag from as little as £11 - bargain! My gorgeous friend, Alison Appleton designs the most stunning ceramics and as she recently showcased her newest designs at The BBC Good Food Show, I couldn't not mention her. It's no secret that I drink a lot of tea and coffee from various designs by Alison and her range is so beautiful, every household should own at least one set to drink from... Gift prices from £10. The Simple Things Why not treat your foodie gift-receiver to a bespoke trip to Cambridge's own FoodPark at the Northpole? FoodPark is a superb street food collective organised by Heidi White and a whole selection of local food talent. You could create your own gift voucher to include a nosh around the whole site (you might need to set aside quite the hunger!) or why not head down here over the festive period for a more unique al fresco Xmas "meal" combined with some ice skating to burn off a few calories?! Best Xmas celebration/party idea ever for any food lover! With food from as little as £2.50 per dish, there's something for small budgets. How about some Gin tasting at The Ginstitute in London or a bottle of the hard stuff from Portobello Road Gin (£23.95)? The perfect accompaniment to a tonic water & elderflower - ahem! The Simple Things I recently bought this beautiful "Powder" design knitted scarf (£25) from Jarrolds in Norwich, a great department store for something a little more unique. I just adore their kitchen floor - I could spend hours in here! The Simple Things Did you know that Hotpoint actually make small domestic appliances?... Yes, you can tell I've been working with these guys for a bit now, but as fun as the project has been with them at the BBC Good Food Show this past month, I've seen their gadgets in action and they are pretty darn good! You could buy a kettle, toaster, coffee machine, even a food blender to whizz up some Xmassy cocktails?... Perfect. The Simple Things Godiva Chocolates in London are fantastic for handmade chocolates and afternoon tea treats, perfect solution if you fancied putting together a hamper or a one-off treat for your recipient. For the girl in your life (or guy!) who might want an inspiring business book this Xmas, why not purchase #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso? She's a girl who made a name for herself at a young age through her fashion label and I personally really like her story - great blog too! The Simple Things I'm a big fan of Jo Malone scents now that Ive got a whiff for it.... if you want to be a little flashier with the cash, their products are beautifully presented and will be sure to impress! Miss Sue Flay What's in your emergency gift draw this Christmas? Or do you have a generic draw full of spare gifts all year round? Do leave a comment below and share your thoughts, I'd love to hear from you! Or get in touch via social media through Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for a natter about the simpler things in life! The Simple Things

No comments:

Post a Comment