Monday 24 July 2017

Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp

Ruth Knapp Norwich It's not often I fall in love with art, but when it grabs my attention I can't help but tell everybody about it. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp But, what's a real first for me is falling head over heels in love with a graffiti artist. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp Not just any graffiti artist either, this new found love is for the super stylish, amazingly approachable, tattooed goddess; Ruth Knapp. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp I always enjoy seeing a new Banksy piece and reading the hype around it (and him), I was even lucky enough to enjoy the grand opening of his exhibition last year whilst staying in Amsterdam, but I've never been drawn to owning any of his artwork. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp Having just discovered Ruth Knapp whilst shopping in Berry's & Grey in Norwich's Royal Arcade a few months back (her angel wings wall mural caught my eye on their Instagram page and I HAD to go see them immediately!) I knew that this was a lady I wanted to follow more and perhaps even buy a piece or two... Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp And so I contacted Ruth, had a good old natter and before I knew it she was happily creating a personalised wing design on (possibly the largest I've ever seen) canvas for my new home ♡ Ruth Knapp Norwich I've never been more excited. This was going to be the basis for my new gallery wall, surrounded by a collection of other colourful art pieces I've been collecting with The Bearded One for the past few years. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp Not only did Ruth get straight to work on her masterpiece, she also personally hand delivered the wings to us on one of the hottest days of the year - she earned herself a few drinks by the river afterwards for sure - I just hope our directions got her to the nearest pub, I really do! Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp Ruth can be spotted darting around Norfolk (and the rest of the world!) making the world a little more colourful, one spray can at a time. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp Her iconic pineapple print would look pretty cool plastered all over our "PubShed"™, but I might hold fire on any more, for now at least! Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp If you are exploring Norwich on foot, head down to the Pottergate Underpass by Grapes Hill to see her ever-changing street art - I stumbled upon her "Show Some Love" Mickey Mouse wall a while back and had great fun playing around with photos - I do love a bit of photo geekery, who doesn't?! Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp You can also visit her LA Days exhibition, running until 16th August 2017 at the Norwich Arts Centre on Saint Benedicts Street. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp Don't miss it if you get a chance, you can buy prints, postcards and even some of her pieces, inspired by a recent visit to the original "City of Angels". Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp I'd also highly suggest you go follow @ruth_knapp on Instagram right now, she's got a visual feast waiting just for you. Graffiti In Norwich - Ruth Knapp www.ruthknapp.co.uk MSF Miss Sue Flay logo Green Brush Read my "About Me" page here! See more of my travel videos here and more of my food review videos here. Or get in touch via social media through Facebook, Instagram & Twitter for a natter about life in general! Please note – I am in no means obliged to blog or write about this event, brands associated to it or their offerings, but I simply choose to share with my readers, should I wish to do so. Any questions or to discuss a "Secret Stay" or review, please do email:hello@misssueflay.com All images © 2017 Miss Sue Flay, these may not be used or reproduced without written permission from the owner, many thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment