Saturday 12 May 2012

A Civilised Hen Party... At Their Lovely Cambridgeshire Family Home



Last weekend I was witness and host to the loveliest & most civilised Hen party I have ever been part of, I was very lucky to be involved and I had a great time helping out to make this memorable for the gorgeous bride-to-be.


Emma, the sister of the bride has been to one of my events previously and she is such a sweetie for asking me to help host her sisters’ surprise Hen party at their home in the gorgeous Cambridgeshire Countryside. Of course, I said yes, it was going to be a first for me in going to my guests home, rather than them coming to me, so exciting.


The original idea was to hold it in their stunning garden and orchard, however with the changeable weather (This IS England, of course it was threatening rain, when isn’t it?!) so we set up in their gorgeous kitchen and dining room instead, which gave me huge house envy, I must admit.


With the bunting up and the table set up in a buffet style with mis-matching teacups & saucers, side plates, cutlery and of course the food itself, it looked great and I was chuffed to bits with the way the afternoon panned out.

The Hen knew she was having a tea party, but she didn’t know she was going to be pampered just as much as she was hehe. She enjoyed sipping out of the lovely teacup she had made to commemorate this afternoon along with my delicious layer cakes, including my Tuck Shop Cake and a Lemon & Blueberry Layer Cake as well as my home made fruit & spice scones, served warm from their very own Aga. It was a kitchen dream for me and I loved every minute of it. 


I was able to stand back and let the lovely ladies spoil the lovely Steph, whilst I was on hand in the background to serve loose leaf tea whenever they needed me. 
Plus, that way I got to people watch and see just how lucky this lovely lady is in her loving friends and family and some of my very youngest tea party guests hehe. The little lady with the prettiest outfit and huge white flower in her hair was snoozing in the land of cake fairies after a few bites of my tasty treats, awww so cute!


I was also mightily impressed by the gorgeous gifts they had bought from a lovely local lady who makes stunning personalised crockery and wrapped up a lovely cake stand and a commemorative plate with a pen for everybody to sign and then fire at home for her to keep as a gift. I may well get one myself for The Secluded Tea Party one of these days, such a great idea!


So, with practice, means I now have the hen tea party bug!... For any need of a civilised celebration, just drop me a line, I would be more than happy to have a chat. 

You can book a Hen Party Afternoon Tea or Tea Party in Cambridge or in any location you wish, either at home, a venue of your choice or one of our chosen afternoon tea venues, no matter how many guests you have we can cater for 3 to 30 guests onwards, so just email Miss Sue Flay for all your Hen Tea Party needs. 

cake@secludedteaparty.com 

But most importantly - Steph, congratulations and Good Luck for your big day! xxx



Miss Sue Flay 

x


No comments:

Post a Comment