Thursday 5 September 2013

" The Alternative & Vintage Wedding Fair " - An Afternoon Tea Talk

alternative & vintage wedding fair As you are well aware by now, I'm not personally a huge fan of the word "vintage", be it in high street fashion or in an " I saw you coming" style shop full of wooden heart-shaped tat, but when it comes to wedding planning, I'm a huge believer in having it your own unique way and going against tradition does delight the rebel in me, should you be lucky enough to know me by now! So, when I was asked to join the upcoming "Alternative & Vintage Wedding Fair" coming to The Cambridge Union on Sunday 15th September by offering a talk on afternoon tea as your wedding breakfast, I couldn't resist saying yes, in the vain hope that I will be able to assist or reassure just ONE upcoming bride or groom for their big day. alternative & vintage wedding fair I knew that with my history of speaking at events (and getting very nervous standing up in front of a huge number alone!) and the nerves of steel I would need for this new "wedding fair" experience, I wasn't set on doing this talk on my todd, so I invited my friend Lina Orsino of Linaandtom.com ( a very talented & local photographic duo) who have professional experience in photographing afternoon tea wedding breakfasts as well as creative events such as my very own. alternative & vintage wedding fair The initial discussion we had on this topic made us realise that we had something both entertaining and (hopefully) helpful combined for future brides & grooms considering this option. So afternoon tea talk plans are now in motion, mixed with a visual delight of Lina & Toms work to show off some real life wedding ideas and inspiration. alternative & vintage wedding fair On Sunday 15th September at 1:45pm, Lina and myself will be taking to the main stage (or room, or carpet, I'm not entirely sure ; ) to natter informally to a crowd that may want to listen to us and we will impart our advice on how we feel afternoon tea could work best for wedding celebrations, be it homemade or provided by a caterer, we will ensure you are thinking of some of the lesser obvious elements of afternoon tea. Should you not be able to make the talk, but intend to come down on the day, never fear, we will both have stands in the main hall where you will be able to talk to us on an individual level too. alternative & vintage wedding fair I'm now offering private catering & waitress service in your own home or venue on an ad-hoc basis, so if not wanting to do this yourself, this may be an option you would fancy discussing on the day... and I'd be delighted to meet you to discuss your needs, so do come and say hello. Or perhaps you just fancy a natter about afternoon tea etiquette for your chosen wedding breakfast, then again, do come and say hi and totally geek out with me about my favourite topic to ensure you have well behaved guests on your special day. You may perhaps even fancy a sophisticated & polite afternoon tea option for a hen or stag party prior to your big day, just ask for more information. alternative & vintage wedding fair This is going to be a fantastic event, in a quirky Cambridge venue of which you will be able to tour throughout the day and it will be filled with talented and unique suppliers and even DIY workshops on offer throughout the day. I'm not getting married myself, but I for one am very excited about meeting the taxidermy people amongst other suppliers... yep, I am led to believe it's going to be one quirky event! alternative & vintage wedding fair Myself & Lina look forward to meeting you there! Read more about "The Alternative & Vintage Wedding Fair" by clicking here. We've also been mentioned on the fabulous Rock n Roll Bride blog here. More about Lina & Tom at Liquid Photo here. Miss Sue Flay

No comments:

Post a Comment